Palo Verde tree not blooming

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I moved here 4 years ago. In my front yard is a well established Palo Verde tree that behaved normally for years. This year, the leaves are falling off and what remains on the tree is very sparse. And no yellow blooms! We have not changed the watering schedule. Did trim it back quite a bit last fall. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
You may of Pruned it back to hard. Thinning is Possibly the best way to Tackle these trees. You may of Pruned all the Growth that would of Produced Blooms. In which case You may of Stressed the Tree Badly & you may find it shows this By Sending out more Suckers from the Base. There Is not anything you can do this time of year other than Wait & see how it gets through Summer. then Next Winter Only prune out the dead wood. Good luck & Hope its ok They make Beautiful trees From what I know & are great for giving Dapple Shade to a Yard. Fingers Crossed & all It will Bloom For you again Soon(y)

Ask a Question