Oscillators

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

Any recommendations for a good lawn oscillator? Most ones I buy stop working after a season or so. They get stuck on one side until to move it around to get it going. Or is there some kind of maintenance I need to do with them?

I have two patches of lawn in the front one 13.5X12.5 and one 13.5X13.5 and a 26 inch one that spans both pieces by the sidewalk. I can water both at the same time, but sometimes I water the one at a time. The backyard has a 15.5X28 area.

I have a Glimour oscillator now and have also used Melnor. Seems like the one we had when I was little lasted every year.

Thanks.
LIB.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We're in UK and have had similar problems with all types of sprinkler systems. The oscilators nowadays are useless - probably all made in China with cheap materials. We did a lot of research and it seems everyone has the same experience.

Impulse Sprinklers seem to me much more reliable. We got the Titan Impulse Sprinkler. Very cheap at £9 and we've very happy. All parts are metal and according to reviews should last for years. Performannce is great.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply and the info. Do the sprinklers reach to all the corners of the property?

Thanks again.
LI.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply and the info. Do the sprinklers reach to all the corners of the property?

Thanks again.
LI.
They are circular, so no. You can adapt to cover quarter or half circle etc. The distance covered is controllled by water pressure.

That is the downside though - you can't get that big rectangluar coverage. However, we spent ages looking at reviews and from what we could tell oscillators are ALL the same nowadays - they don't last a season.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuFlungPu

Latest Threads