Organic Gardening

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I want to have fresh and modern ideas to beautify my garden. I want those enthusiastic with gardening to offer suggestions like newest flower containers.

If you are interested in organic gardening, you can share your ideas. To keep others updated on the latest organic fertilizers that can be prepared at home to achieve optimum results, new equipment in the market and more.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I've used chili peppers/garlic blended up into a paste and mixed with water as an organic pesticide - I don't really like using chemicals and that concoction has worked pretty well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
Same here, the chilly pepper + garlic blend works good. I add 1/2 tea spoon of kitchen oil so the mix sticks to the plant better. I rinse the plant every time I water it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Our main concern when it comes to organic is the natural fertilizer. We have a hole on the ground, 1 foot deep and 1 foot in diameter that serves as the compost bin where we can throw anything that is biodegradable. When that is filled, we dig another hole and then another. After a month or 2, the first hole is already ripe for the compost to be used as fertilizer for the plants. That way, our garden has a semblance of being truly organic.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
You can grow your own indigenous microorganisms using ricewater, molasses and some inoculum which can be easily obtained by exposing the mixture to the atmosphere. This should be mixed in a plastic container. Cover it and then expose it to the air for sometime before covering with a cloth for about a week. This can be applied to your crops as cheap and efficient foliar feed.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I live in a farm and I have cattle. Most of my organic fertilizer is derived from decomposing of cattle manure. I use cattle compost on my flowering plants and vegetables. I grow corn and rice as well, however, I don't use organic fertilizer on my cereal because I don't produce enough. Since some time I am trying to make more compost so that I don't have to use chemical fertilizer

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I live in a farm and I have cattle. Most of my organic fertilizer is derived from decomposing of cattle manure. I use cattle compost on my flowering plants and vegetables. I grow corn and rice as well, however, I don't use organic fertilizer on my cereal because I don't produce enough. Since some time I am trying to make more compost so that I don't have to use chemical fertilizer

Ask a Question