Opening a can of worms

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Greetings,
Now i know this is going to open a can of worms "BUT' i need your help Please,

Ive just 2 mins ago been asked what is a fair hourly charge for a gardener ?

Well come on lets have your reply. (If you dare):LOL::LOL::LOL:

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi,
200 Dollars ??
But what do you call a professional?
Is a professional someone who gets paid ? Or someone who has all the qualifications on paper?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi,
200 Dollars ??
Is a professional someone who gets paid ? Or someone who has all the qualifications on paper?
I have known many "professionals" who make a lot of money who don't have the sense to come in out of the rain. I have seen all kinds of qualifications on paper and the holder of the paper is clueless. Then I have seen individuals who just know what they are doing who make no pretense either way. It's up to you to determine who is who and who will work for what.

P

Peace perfect peace

Why not just make a few friends on the likes of this forum and dont be scared to ask if you dont know where to find the answer?
All the garden folk ive known all love to talk about gardening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hi,
200 Dollars ??
Lawyers for one. A Doctor charges 150 for 10 minutes in the office, so 150x6 is 900 per hour. I value my time at 1000 per hour as I use 20% as a rule of thumb for overhead, such as lawyers and cpa types. Expenses must be paid out of these figures of course but you never said net.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sounds like a dream c
I worked for a guy who was a tomato wholesaler. Fancy spread. All glass manse overlooking south Birmingham. His and hers matching long nose roadsters. I was impressed by tomatoes at that point.
Sounds like a dream-come-true for me! Wonder if they started out with a dinky backyard greenhouse like I'm doing. I'm wanting to have a greenhouse/nursery for a career.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi,
200 Dollars ??
To me, a professional is someone who has had plenty of experience in their field; take Chuck for an example. He's grown veggies for 50 years! Now is that a professional gardener or what!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our immediate neighbour pays her gardener £15 per hour two hours each fortnight and she thinks it's a bit much? Our solicitor for sitting on his backside charging £220 per hour a few years ago changed Bron's surname whilst writing up our wills so I was married to a Mrs Brown?

Recommendation is better than any certificates hanging on a wall. I've been in mechanical engineering for over 55 years and I still know very little.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question