Nutrient deficiency in monstera adansonii (?)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello guys,
I have another problem with my Monstera adansonii. Its leaves are turning yellow or white, and the young ones often die before they reach maturity. I'm almost sure that it's a symptom of nutrient deficiency, but I don't know what nutrient is lacking in my plant.
Do you have any ideas? I'd be grateful for any answer.
20230401_112211.jpg

20230401_112240.jpg

20230401_112218.jpg

20230401_112222.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Dominik . I am not very clever with any of the indoor plants, but your Monstera is looking much better than mine is for sure.
I don't think the plant will like wire tied so tightly around the stem though, it is not a climber, and if the wire cuts into the stem there will be resulting damage to mar it's health. I have found that my own plant is doing better since I moved it to a shady windowsill where it's getting more light and less sunshine, and I usually use slow release fertiliser in the pot at the beginning of the growing season (otherwise I tend to forget ) I also find that the plant likes a spray with a water misting bottle every day or so.
I can see what looks like damage from the wire on the stem in the first photo.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello @Dominik . I am not very clever with any of the indoor plants, but your Monstera is looking much better than mine is for sure.
I don't think the plant will like wire tied so tightly around the stem though, it is not a climber, and if the wire cuts into the stem there will be resulting damage to mar it's health. I have found that my own plant is doing better since I moved it to a shady windowsill where it's getting more light and less sunshine, and I usually use slow release fertiliser in the pot at the beginning of the growing season (otherwise I tend to forget ) I also find that the plant likes a spray with a water misting bottle every day or so.
I can see what looks like damage from the wire on the stem in the first photo.
I don't think the wire is dangerous for my plant (it's only temporary) and the damage seen in the first picture is not due to this (I've pruned it recently using scissors).
If you mean sunlight, I think it's getting enough of it (this room is a bit shaded).

Ask a Question