Disease/Fungus or Nutrient deficiency?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a tangerine tree that is looking quite poorly and just noticed today that one of my Laurel trees is showing similar symptoms. See pictures. Would this be a nutrient deficiency or fungus/disease? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Country
United States
On the tangerine a nutrient deficiency and a fungus. On the laurel a fungus.

I plan on cutting the water back (soil is pretty wet) and dropping some blood meal around the citrus tree. Would you recommend spraying the trees with copper fungicide? I am a bit worried it may kill the trees, but I don't have much experience with using it either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I plan on cutting the water back (soil is pretty wet) and dropping some blood meal around the citrus tree. Would you recommend spraying the trees with copper fungicide? I am a bit worried it may kill the trees, but I don't have much experience with using it either.
You are going to need more than blood meal (nitrogen). You need a good NPK fertilizer such as Espoma. Blood meal is a fast acting nitrogen source. You need more than just a quick shot of nitrogen. You need a quick shot and you need a slow release and in my experience when you have cholorotic leaves like as shown you are also deficient on trace minerals as well. A good organic fertilizer will provide all of this. If you follow the directions on the copper spray you will not harm the tree. I don't know if you can actually harm a tree with copper fungicide.

Ask a Question