NPK values of just about anything

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In case anyone wants to figure up other things such as food products, you can go to a site like this:

Search for a food item such as raw bananas. This happens to be the meat not the peels.

Select 100 grams serving size to make calculations easier but I usually use the biggest serving size.

Scroll down to Phosphorus and it is 22 milligrams or 0.022 grams.
0.022 grams / 100 grams serving size = 0.00022 or 0.022% Phosphorus by weight.

Scroll down to Potassium and it is 358 mg or 0.358 grams.
0.358 / 100 = 0.00358 or 0.358% Potassium by weight.

Scroll to Protein and it is 1.1g. This one is a little trickier since protein is about 16% nitrogen so:
1.1 g x 0.16 = 0.176 g of Nitrogen. Then,
0.176 / 100 = 0.00176 or 0.176% Nitrogen by weight.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
In case anyone wants to figure up other things such as food products, you can go to a site like this:

I couldn't get that link to work?

I'm highly interested in seeing the numbers for certain covers, e.g specifically Sunn Hemp, alfalfa, soybeans, field peas, Austrian peas, elbon rye, clovers, various cereal grains, etc. Not the amount of nitrogen fixing they do...I have found that information...rather I'm interested in their make up as green manure/mulch.

Appreciate any links on that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Link appears to not work now for some reason. Must be their server but there are other sites you can look up food nutrition. Those are mainly useful for composting to get an ideal of what you are putting in the pile. Here is another site: https://www.nutritionvalue.org/

Here is crimson clover. Look under nutritional aspects and nutritional aspects. There are other things posted there not exactly sure what.

Ask a Question