November Photo of the Month - Voting Time!

Who submitted your favourite photo?

• priticious

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • zigs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • amelia88

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Beth_B

• MaryMary

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Dinu

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • H.C. Heartland

• JBtheExplorer

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • granjera

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Beth_B i think @splinx would be having Spring now, below the equator...that other hemisphere, so he or she wouldn't be able to send a photo of Autumn right now...you'd have to wait for your Spring to see what Brazil looks like in Autumn:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
understand what you are saying, at the same time we want to remember that this is an international forum with people from all over the world and the idea of what "Autumn" looks like may vary vastly from one area to another.
OK, good point.

I hope you would share what your autumn looks like right now.
you'd have to wait for your Spring to see what Brazil looks like in Autumn
It depends on location, I live in the southeast region a bit above the Tropic of Capricorn, ~12 miles from sea. There is no visual difference of Autumn/Winter or Spring/Summer here, except for the shadow/position of the sun, daylight time, and of course temperature.

As @Beverly said, we are in Spring now. Where we recently had summer grade temperatures the past week (90-95°F max.), and now I'm currently experiencing more Winter like temperatures (70-75°F max.).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
@splinx do you take photos of your area and or garden? I would love to see a few if you have time.
Yea, I found this creature "sleeping" on my backyard. It was Autumn, 2012:
I5EoIRF.jpg

Just kidding, that picture wasn't taken in my backyard. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures (or a garden), I just have a 65-80ft tall mango tree, a 12ft papaya tree, weeds, and 1 basil in a pot.

I like to talk about plants, gardens, and nature, that's why I'm here.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Wow! Is that a boa? A mango and a papaya...two of my favorites...so you have an orchard and wild native plants:) Thanks for the photo!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow...very cool snake! I get all excited about piddly little garden snakes here. :)

And of course y'all are right...Autumn here is spring on the other side of the world. And in Australia, our winter is their summer. o_O That hurts my brain lol.

Papaya and mango trees.../jealous. Many moons ago I was living in a rented house in California and had two avocado trees in my front yard. Couldn't eat or give them away fast enough, most just rotted on the ground. :( Now I'm lucky to buy them for $1.50 apiece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question