November Photo of the Month - Voting Time!

Who submitted your favourite photo?

• priticious

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • zigs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • amelia88

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Beth_B

• MaryMary

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Dinu

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • H.C. Heartland

• JBtheExplorer

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • granjera

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The theme for November is 'Autumn' and we've had some excellent entries! Check them out below and cast your vote in the poll above.

@priticious:
1 priticious.jpg

@zigs:
2 zigs.jpg

@amelia88:
3 amelia88.jpg

@Beth_B:
4 Beth_B.jpg

@MaryMary:
5 MaryMary.jpg

@Dinu:
6 Dinu.jpg

@H.C. Heartland:
7 H.C. Heartland.jpg

@JBtheExplorer:
8 JBtheExplorer.jpg

@granjera:
9 granjera.jpg

The winner will be announced on 1st November 2016 so be sure to cast your vote before then! The winning photo will be displayed on the sidebar during the whole of November, so good luck to everyone who entered :)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Now that we're allowed to comment, @zigs, what the heck is that?

I can't vote in this one! I have three favorites.

@Dinu, I love, love, love the red leaves! :love: I wanted to find red leaves for my picture, but we hadn't had enough cold long enough for them to really turn. :( Any trees I found with that brilliant red - it was only at the top.

@JBtheExplorer, usually, yellow leaves are my least favorite but I LOVE your picture, in spite of it! After a hot and hectic summer, your picture is very peaceful, and reminds me that Autumn is the time it all slows down before sleeping for the winter. I want to walk down that path. :love:

@granjera, simply beautiful. Nothing speaks "Autumn" like a mountain of gourds and squashes! The colors and variety of shapes is wonderful. It keeps my eye moving all over the picture. Well done!! :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
@MaryMary It was taken during the same time as the subject of this but actually it is from 2009. I keep pruning the branches once in 2 months to control the growth [too many huge leaves which I'm unable to handle] and this confused the tree. Like earlier, not all leaves will turn red now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Oh, are we really able to comment now? It has been so hard not to. Like @MaryMary i have so many favorites but the photo i would like to jump into is MaryMary's creek. Every time i see it i want to walk right down the middle of that creek from top to bottom and beyond, it is so inviting and i just love it.:love:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh, are we really able to comment now? It has been so hard not to. Like @MaryMary i have so many favorites but the photo i would like to jump into is MaryMary's creek. Every time i see it i want to walk right down the middle of that creek from top to bottom and beyond, it is so inviting and i just love it.:love:
:eek: It's not locked... oops, I thought it was just the original thread we weren't allowed to comment on...:confused: well, I know they're on a different time zone, but I think I'll report myself, just in case we're not.

Hang on, folks, we may get deleted!! :eek:

@Beverly, thanks!! I'll give you a "picture-thread" of the creek in a day or so. (y) Ok, now, I have to go to work!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@MaryMary anyway, i appreciate your ethical sense and courage to turn yourself in and accept the consequences.(y) Oh, but it looks like we are legal (per @zigs above). I have been deleted before for posting here, so i don't know. Anyway it doesn't hurt a bit.:LOL:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No restrictions on comments in this thread folks :D

Don't panic @MaryMary :D
I got halfway to work when I realized all we had to do was click another voting thread and see if there were comments. :ROFLMAO: Eh, you know what they say about hindsight. :rolleyes:

That's the apple that @wiseowl won last months comp with, he forgot to eat it :D
:eek: :sick: (I have no words.) :LOL:

@MaryMary anyway, i appreciate your ethical sense and courage to turn yourself in and accept the consequences.(y)
:ROFLMAO: I'd rather I report me than someone else report me!! :cautious:
Anyway it doesn't hurt a bit.:LOL:
:ROFLMAO: Thank you for my first good laugh of the day!! :LOL:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I have been deleted before for posting here, so i don't know. Anyway it doesn't hurt a bit.:LOL:

That must have been on the actual competition thread :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@zigs Aha!! The light dawns :) Yes, it was on the competition thread. Now i get it...no chatter until we start voting, and that even makes sense:) I just love information :geek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
The theme for November is 'Autumn' and we've had some excellent entries!
I think there are entries that are completely unrelated to Autumn. What surprises me more is that some of them had more than 2 votes.

Makes me lose interest in voting in the future. Sorry for possibly sounding too <negative_adjective>.

Sorry!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Hola @splinx i understand what you are saying, at the same time we want to remember that this is an international forum with people from all over the world and the idea of what "Autumn" looks like may vary vastly from one area to another. In addition, this contest, for me and a few others i think, is something fun and not to be taken too seriously. Besides we all have the option to vote for the photo we like best. So, i hope you will continue to participate. Take for example the person who entered the out of focus photo, i appreciated the photo because she/he was excited about Autumn and wanted to participate knowing that she/he probably wouldn't get any votes. This represents the spirit of fun and it made me happy for that participation. I hope you won't abandon us and continue to participate...your vote could even be a tie breaker;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Well said, Beverly! I've often looked at a photo and thought it was lovely and very artistic, but perhaps a bit off-topic. Didn't stop me from voting, nor from enjoying all the great photos (in focus or out of focus) submitted. I love this contest because it shows us different perspectives, and how other gardeners see the topic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Another "very well said, Beverly" from me! One thing I like about this forum is the very diverse and international membership.

I do in fact live in a region that has (for North America anyway) the stereotypical splendid fall colours and distinct seasons (last Thursday we had our first measurable, official snow :eek: ) and the trees are just gorgeous, we are at about peak colour right now.

But Autumn here looks nothing like Autumn in many other parts of the world! @splinx, I see you are in Brazil...I hope you would share what your autumn looks like right now. :) Really, those of us in northern climates like to be reminded that plant life still exists while we are headed towards 5-6 months of barren snow and ice!

(Just to add...I do love winter, snow, ice, freezing weather that slams your nostrils frozen shut in the morning while you are scraping 10 lbs of ice off your vehicle, lol, all of that. Seriously. I love winter weather. But only because I know spring will be here...eventually...) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question