Night-blooming garden

Reaction score
I would really enjoy watching a flower opening up. Most of them seem to open up too slowly to stand and watch.

Reaction score
When I was little my mother planted a portion of our garden to be night-blooming. It was really spectacular. I'm not sure what all it had as I was too small to really identify plants yet, but I feel sure there were primroses and maybe some sort of jasmine? And moonflowers. Night-blooming gardens are enchanting. I have some cacti which are night-bloomers and I love seeing them blossom during their flowering years. (They don't flower for me every year, sadly.)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the new project. I have never heard of a night blooming plant but now that I have I will have to start one for myself. The moon flower looks so pretty and delicate, I would to see that in my garden.

Reaction score
My mother used to have night blooming cyris in hanging baskets in our backyard. And she had moon flowers growing on trellises. The moon flowers looked like they were glowing in the dark and they would attract green luna moths. Plus they smelled so good.

Ask a Question