Does anyone grow night blooming jessamine (cestrum nocturnum) at or around zone 9a?

Reaction score
What happens in the winter? Does it brown and then come back in the spring, or will it die off completely. I've always complained about not having seasons, but dang, those darn seasons really complicate gardening...LOL.

800px-Cestrum_nocturnum_on_bush.jpg

Reaction score
We call it the night queen here... this is a perennial so nothing much happens to the plant in winter here where I live, it gets more leafy. They do not flower much during this period but in early spring they are back to flowering plentifully.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
This is waaaaay after the fact, but in 9b it's not a problem. The best thing to do when in doubt is always to provide protection. Even the most hardy plants can be damaged in a prolonged freeze.

Reaction score
As Cestrum Nocturnum is evergreen - no worries about it turning brown - as it stays green all year round and even sometimes flowers throughout the year in some zones - however although relatively hardy - as it is not entirely frost tolerant it can sometimes be brought to the ground by a freeze - however the good news is - that as they generally come back in the spring - they quite rapidly return to their former glory :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies ladies. At the time I'm not living there, but I've become friends with my plant loving neighbor and as luck would have it, she has one of these in her yard. I'm probably going to spend summer vacation there so I hope to get some good gardening done.

Ask a Question