Nerium Oleander Planter Size

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Nerium Oleander with white plants. I was told by the shop where I bought it from that this plant should be kept outdoors and that I should put it in a pot that should have at least 15 gallon capacity. Is this correct? Also recently I read that Oleanders are toxic and die in winter. I live in the Bay Area and right now it is starting to get cold and the flowers are dying. Can I leave it outside in the winter?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello,
I have a Nerium Oleander with white plants. I was told by the shop where I bought it from that this plant should be kept outdoors and that I should put it in a pot that should have at least 15 gallon capacity. Is this correct? Also recently I read that Oleanders are toxic and die in winter. I live in the Bay Area and right now it is starting to get cold and the flowers are dying. Can I leave it outside in the winter?
Oleanders do best outdoors and it doesn't get cold enough in the Bay Area to harm them. A 15 gallon container is barely sufficient for them as they actually would prefer to be in the ground. They are susceptible to various pathogens including bacterial leaf scorch which is fatal to them. They are also toxic, both the leaves and the wood

Ask a Question