Need help with flooring of my in home greenhouse

ram

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi

Last year I got a greenhouse and I got a big thick plastic sheets underneath the pots, however the water somehow got below the sheets and spoiled the laminated floor.

Can someone tell if there is a better flooring and where can I get it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum ram. :) I must be honest and say I've never heard of anyone using laminate flooring in a greenhouse, it's just not practical. I'd like to confirm as we are from different countries, that the building below is what you are referring to and not a conservatory.

ram

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi
I got a greenhouse that I use it only in winter. Its a collapsible greenhouse and it does not have any floor and lays on the whatever floor I place it on. So what I did was I have placed a thick plastic sheet on top of it I have placed this greenhouse and the pots. Below is the photo. Somehow the laminated floor got wet and it got messed up.
1836954_10205105270701180_3589391740478480428_o.jpg

ram

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, it is indoor greenhouse.I am sure it can be used outside as well. but since it is collapsible i believe its intended for indoor.

ram

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, but I am erecting this Greenhouse in Winter and will remove it in summer, so I do not want the floor to be a permanent thing, so garage flooring might not be an option

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Thanks, but I am erecting this Greenhouse in Winter and will remove it in summer, so I do not want the floor to be a permanent thing, so garage flooring might not be an option
It comes on a roll and can go back to a roll. REALLY

ram

Reaction score
Country
United States
Woww, thanks for the idea, I will go to Homedepot this weekend.

ram

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Maryland USA where the temperatures go down drastically in Winter. I have many tropical plants in pots on my deck that do not survive the winter , so I got this greenhouse and erect it inside my basement and place all those pots in them and once winter is over I put them back on my deck.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Most greenhouses here use the adobe blocks for flooring and for those with money, they have the big tiles with the rustic design. I haven't asked why they don't use the synthetic flooring but my hunch is that it absorbs heat. With the stone flooring (adobe or tiles) it is more natural. Just to add, most of the greenhouses that I see here have the green fiberglass for the roofing. It is not durable but cheap.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Now I understand Ram. May I ask why would you want a greenhouse indoors as they are actually made for being outdoors?
We use cental heating and even with a humidier, the air can be very dry so partitioning an area for plants and adding hunidity to it really helps.

Ask a Question