Need Help - What is Happening to My Plants?

Reaction score
Country
United States
My broadleaf tropical indoor plants seem to have some kind of disease and I would appreciate any insight you have on what it is and what to do. It has been happening in high and low humidity settings, in shade and in sun. Thanks for your help.

IMG_4650.jpg
IMG_4652.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Best way to prevent over watering is to check the hole at the bottom of the pot, make sure that all extra water get drained through that hole.

3333333.jpg

If you have urge of watering frequently, I will suggest collect some sand, put it into excess water to remove all the salts from it, add it to potting soil mix, this will drain the water quickly and will not affect the plant if you overwater it.

Disadvantage: You need to increase the watering frequency, as soil will get dry faster. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for the replies. I don't think it is overwatering. I have been careful about that - I have even tried under watering – and I never let the plants stand in water. That is why the situation has been so confusing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
You are the owner, you can decide better, sometime over watering and under watering have same sign, just check the hole under pot to be on safe side and you may try to check on roots and replant it if you want.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Stick your finger in the soil a few inches deep. Is it moist? Don't water. Just because the top layer of the soil appears dry doesn't mean it needs water. Evaporation doesn't happen nearly as quickly in the bottom then on top.

Ask a Question