Need Help Identifying This Flower?

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
We bought this annual earlier this spring and planted it in our window-box garden on our patio. It's done well and we have never seen anything quite like it. We somehow lost the plastic info. stake that usually comes with the flower when you purchase them so we're at a loss as to what it is.

Looks more purple in this light but also looks more pink in a brighter lighting situation. If anyone can help us out with identification, that would be much appreciated!
Flower.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Hey no problem I just found out about the plant Identification programs recently too. A relative used one on thier phone to identify some chicory I had growing from some mixed wild flower seeds. All the "experts" said it was teasel. They were all wrong! :ROFLMAO: even I could see it had a different leaf shape and arrangement to teasel before we positively identified it.
Have a great day (y)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They are good, but not 100%. I have seen them confusing things like ground ivy, red deadnettle, bugle. To be fair, they can be very similar.

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
They are good, but not 100%. I have seen them confusing things like ground ivy, red deadnettle, bugle. To be fair, they can be very similar.
I can see if there are close similarities exact identification would be tough and you may not get the correct name in cases like that but I imagine in the majority of cases, this would be a good tool to at least start with.

Ask a Question