Marijuana.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I've always wondered the effects of ingesting vs smoking myself. Its a lot more difficult making edibles from cannabis from what I've seen and read (or time consuming rather)..

Two steps both dead simple. Spend an hour of so studying on the internet.
1.Decarboxylate
2.Preparing cannabutter.

From cannabutter ingest in dough products as desired.

Prophet

Intelligently Inquisitive
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Two steps both dead simple. Spend an hour of so studying on the internet.
1.Decarboxylate
2.Preparing cannabutter.

From cannabutter ingest in dough products as desired.
Interesting

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Soap and Water is all any grower of most any plant/vegetable needs..put some broken up eggshells under the base and say bye bye to the slugs category.
Actually, this brings up a question I've been wondering for a while now about these Hostas and snails. But I'll probably start a new thread on the topic, because it would be way off topic here -- and a little lengthy as well.

Prophet

Intelligently Inquisitive
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Actually, this brings up a question I've been wondering for a while now about these Hostas and snails. But I'll probably start a new thread on the topic, because it would be way off topic here -- and a little lengthy as well.
If your question has anything to do with getting rid of snails, do the eggshell method. Just let some shells dry out for a couple days, break them up and put them around wherever the slugs are. The shells slowly release Calcium back into the ground too so good for the plants as well. The shells tear the undersides of slugs up so they will steer clear. This is how I keep them off the vegetables I grow wo using pesticides so I'm sure it would work for your Hostas as well..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
A double boiler is a viable alternative also for the cannabutter.

A dehydrator is probably sufficient for the decaboxylate process.

I have tried neither to date.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I have, in the distant past, made brownies but cannot remember if i used the seed or the leaf. At any rate I do remember being surprised that eating the brownies was just as potent as smoking it. I am sure there are some good recipes utilizing MJ on the internet. I think now, if i should have the need or inclination, i would make tea like any other tea and take it that way. I have never seen flowering plants growing in a garden and i would love to see what the flowers look like. I do recall that the people i knew who grew a few plants in a garden had healthy plants with very few pests (without treating the plants with chemicals or any thing else for that matter). MJ is not such a delicate plant to grow. It is a weed, not just in name and should grow nicely as an annual in the summer time in the colder climes with a head start inside rather than out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Hmmmm, well i do believe that MJ has been genetically hybridized over the years and is much more potent than in the years of yore, but i do find the reporter's description difficult to believe. I have never heard accounts of MJ having hallucinatory effects. So i would guess she either has an incredible imagination or ate something laced with an hallucinatory, or has an especially fragile mental state.

It is too bad that MJ has become so far removed from its original gentle form. I guess if i needed or wanted some i would grow it myself and i would try to find heirloom seeds to grow it from. I have obviously not been keeping current with the internet chatter on this matter. But this is one reason i would prefer a tea. In a tea, for example, one could start with a minimal amount, say one lobe or half of one lobe per cup and work up (or down) to a recipe that would suit one's needs. Generally, if one is not psycotic to begin with, home grown MJ should be nothing to fear. You have some nice looking little plants there @Durgan.

I have a friend in a neighboring state here in Mexico who grows medicinal plants and sells the seeds or plants on the internet. He is very solid in his ethnopharmacology researches. He got started in specializing in cures for diabetes because this disease runs in his family but it is also widespread in Mexico. Now his knowledge is more broad. If someone is interested in obtaining safe seed or safe weed. I would be happy to talk with him about it. He is no stranger to MJ and he is not a lunatic. If someone is interested in speaking with him via email directly, he has acceptable english language skills. I could contact him first and make an introduction. I don't know if he is growing MJ at this time but he is certainly no stranger to it or the market for it. I am not selling a product for him but only offering access to someone i would trust for information to head me in the right direction.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
In Canada the populace is awaiting a legalization law this Spring. The recommendations are being kept under wraps to a large degree at the present time. It will be interesting seeing what the rules will be on home growing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
With cannabis it is produced by light cycles so if you want to grow over winter you would have to do so indoors with the correct timed light cycle. Starting from seed the primary thing to look for is the sex of the plant you want to make sure you have females as if you have a male it will turn all the others if cross pollinated. Only females produce cannabis. Other than that once it's started it is usually a fairly easy plant to grow. It is susceptible to spider mites, powdery mildew and other pests depending on location but most can be prevented or resolved through companion planting and organic treatments. It would be good to make sure the plants are very healthy before they bud because once they bud you are limited to what you can do. Once the buds are mature, cut it down hang it upside to dry. You can cut the fan leaves and manicure the buds before or after drying everyone has their own preference. Once dry cure the buds in a mason jar the longer the better. For edibles which is medically recommended cannabutter is very easy to make and use. I have Celiac and while GF and healing for almost 10 years now cannabis has been a huge help in my healing from the physical and emotional side effects. I have grown it quite a bit but only from clone which is easier. I do have some seeds a friend gave me who is a great gardener but I haven't tried them out just yet. Once you get the hang of it it's an easy plant to grow with great healing benefits.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
All I got to say is one must need a hit pretty bad to get into the growing business indoors with lights. I grow many plants and nothing takes as much effort as handling marijuana plants. I don't imagine it will become endemic when made legal.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
Is marijuana that hard to grow in colder climates???
Here, it is a common weed that grows in ditches, abandoned plots and at the edge of gardens......

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Growing any plants to maturity under house conditions with artificial light in a cold climate is not without some major effort. Expensive also.

Ask a Question