Makeing mulch.

Discussion in 'Gardening Tools and Equipment' started by trail twister, Sep 12, 2018.

1. trail twister

trail twister

Bought this Troy Built Tomahawk chipper at a auction sale over 20 years ago, I am the 3d owner. Have made a lot of mulch with it which Kare refuses to use around her plants. She claims it is too fine to use around the flowers in her gardens. But it is fine for the paths and I put them around trees and shrubs in the yard I would have to mow around then trim.

About 5 years ago I started having engine problems. Hard starting, not idleing well, hard to find carb parts and air filters, Fuel line rotted or rubbed a hole and routing was on the crazy side so I switched to copper tubeing for most of it.

Finally got tired of fighting The engine after I had bought a Habour Freight engine for a snow blower and impressed. So got one for the Tomahawk then had a awful time finding the proper belt. Finally have the proper belt a 2 pull easy starting engine I have been catching up on getting rid of brush from trimmings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About ready Friday afternoon to load it in a trailer and go clean up my paths thru the woods of over hangs and such.

:D Al

trail twister, Sep 12, 2018
    alp, Becky and DirtMechanic like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. trail twister

DirtMechanic

I like the copper line idea. Very original. Soft enough for machine vibration yet tough as metal.

DirtMechanic, Sep 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. trail twister

alp

Wow! Lovely fine result which could make fine compost. You might have to add some cardboard and brown material to make it an all rounder. It looks wonderfully fine and would break down in no time.

alp, Sep 14, 2018
  4. trail twister

trail twister

Makes great mulch for the paths and around the trees and shrubs. I think would be great around Kares flowers but she doesn't.

:D Al

trail twister, Sep 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question