Makeing mulch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Bought this Troy Built Tomahawk chipper at a auction sale over 20 years ago, I am the 3d owner. Have made a lot of mulch with it which Kare refuses to use around her plants. She claims it is too fine to use around the flowers in her gardens. But it is fine for the paths and I put them around trees and shrubs in the yard I would have to mow around then trim.

About 5 years ago I started having engine problems. Hard starting, not idleing well, hard to find carb parts and air filters, Fuel line rotted or rubbed a hole and routing was on the crazy side so I switched to copper tubeing for most of it.

Finally got tired of fighting The engine after I had bought a Habour Freight engine for a snow blower and impressed. So got one for the Tomahawk then had a awful time finding the proper belt. Finally have the proper belt a 2 pull easy starting engine I have been catching up on getting rid of brush from trimmings.

enhance

enhance

About ready Friday afternoon to load it in a trailer and go clean up my paths thru the woods of over hangs and such.

:D Al

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Bought this Troy Built Tomahawk chipper at a auction sale over 20 years ago, I am the 3d owner. Have made a lot of mulch with it which Kare refuses to use around her plants. She claims it is too fine to use around the flowers in her gardens. But it is fine for the paths and I put them around trees and shrubs in the yard I would have to mow around then trim.

About 5 years ago I started having engine problems. Hard starting, not idleing well, hard to find carb parts and air filters, Fuel line rotted or rubbed a hole and routing was on the crazy side so I switched to copper tubeing for most of it.

Finally got tired of fighting The engine after I had bought a Habour Freight engine for a snow blower and impressed. So got one for the Tomahawk then had a awful time finding the proper belt. Finally have the proper belt a 2 pull easy starting engine I have been catching up on getting rid of brush from trimmings.

enhance

enhance

About ready Friday afternoon to load it in a trailer and go clean up my paths thru the woods of over hangs and such.

Wow! Lovely fine result which could make fine compost. You might have to add some cardboard and brown material to make it an all rounder. It looks wonderfully fine and would break down in no time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Makes great mulch for the paths and around the trees and shrubs. I think would be great around Kares flowers but she doesn't.

Ask a Question