Living Art?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Cutting off some monsteria leaves to make the walk through accessible I made a rather large table centerpiece. I also used branches from cutting back a smoke bush plus an australian native. The funny thing was I had arranged it and a few days later one of the monsteriors had moved quite markedly..........all by itself:confused:. I can only assume that water must have seeped up into the stem and it expanded or something. Has anyone come across this?
rps20180222_043119.jpg
I do hope so:mad:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Quick! This verdant emerald monstrosity might take over your whole table!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Deborahjane, be afraid, be very, very afraid!
I have had the same thing happen with artemisia. I cut it, put it in an arrangement, and it flops over at the top. The next day it is upright and looking good.
We need to keep an eye on our plants . . . .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How gorgeous! I love big displays like that. Totally impractical for a meal (unless you don't want to talk to the person opposite of course) but beautiful otherwise :love:

As to the moving leaf, I have no idea I'm afraid. Are you sure it wasn't haunted?! :whistle:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
:arghh::meh::shame: Becky......scary.
Silentrunning.....I'll watch for sprouting......but it could be aliens trying to take over my table hey alp.:confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
So pretty! The splash of green complements the red-colour of the wood furniture very well (y)

Ask a Question