Lantanas not thriving

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Hello!

This is my first post. I recently planted a few lantanas in my front yard. All are under the exact same conditions: planting process, soil, irrigation schedule, sun exposure (lots of sun), etc. However, two are thriving with big beautiful purple flowers and two are really struggling. I'm new to gardening as well, and nothing on Google has given me a definitive answer. Any ideas based on the darker color leaves on the two that aren't doing well? I attached one example of a strong plant and one of a weak plant.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the healthy ones are sprawling like I would expect, the less healthy ones are bunching up in a tight patern. I planted them a year ago, so they've had 1 summer, 1 fall/winter, and 1 spring (now).

Attachments

• 20230616_074255.jpg
    20230616_074255.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230616_074226.jpg
    20230616_074226.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think it may be due to the wall reflecting light and heat, two things Lantanas can’t get enough of, onto the more vigorous plants. You might try giving the less vigorous ones a shot of a water-soluble fertilizer to perk them up a bit.

Ask a Question