Kale not Growing

Reaction score
I need some help. I bought a Kale plant and it does not seem to be getting any bigger. I am anxiously waiting, so I can devour it. I have basically no experience in Kale, and I am not sure if the thing is even Kale. It kind of smells like a cabbage and it does not look like the bag of kale I often buy at the market.

So, is this thing going to get any bigger? How long should it take, I bought it at the end of last month. Is this even a kale plant or did it get mislabeled? Any tips greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• CAM00354.jpg
    CAM00354.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 343
Reaction score
Oh no, does that mean it is not edible? I got so excited when I saw it, I assumed all kale was edible. I am going to be so sad if I can not eat it!

Reaction score
It is edible although I don't know if is as tasty as the non ornamental. Give it a shot of Miracle Gro every week and plenty of sun. In the meantime head to the grocery and buy some and try and find a recipe for kale chips. They are very tasty!

Reaction score
I am going to look up a kale chip recipe, thanks for the idea. The only kale I can find in the store, right now, is that stuff that use to decorate food bars. It is not tasty and rather bitter. I use that stuff in my juicer, so I can sweeten it up. I am glad I can eat it. I thought I had been duped by a misleading tag.

Ask a Question