Jobs Aside From Gardening

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on top of things at the monent.
Until recently, I was having to top up the water in our combi boiler heating system every week or so as it was losing water. This is a common problem. The usual culptrits are radiators, they can develop a tiny leak either from anywhere in the connections. The leak can be so small that the hot water that seeps out will evaporate and not be noticeable. But it'll be more than a few cupfuls after a couple of weeks.
If the pressure of the water falls below aroind .3 of a bar, the boiler won't fire up when asked. So you keep having to add water, it's not much, probably less than half a pint, to get it back to 1 bar.
I'd thoroughly checked the radiators many times and couldn't detect a leak. My biggest fear was a tiny leak in the pipewoerk under the floorboards.
Anyway, I was doing my usual top up last week, when I noticed the pipe above the prwessure guage was slightly wet (it's dark under there so hard to see). So all it needed on Tuesday was less than quarter turn on a spanner on the nut on the connection above the guage and the problem was solved.

Today I put a new socket in the coach lamp ouside the French windows, as the lamp had a poor connection.

I also added some wood to my work bench. Stuff kept rolling off. I'll position the new screwdriver holder in a corner at one end, when it arrives.

P1050856.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cleared out the garage. The missus has decided we need a new bathroom and the garage is needed to store all the component parts until the builder can start work.
Put my partner's travel bags back up in the loft until she needs them to go to Japan in the Autumn, provided circumstances allow. She made it to India and Africa before covid struck and has just been to Madeira. Japan is probably a sensible and safe choice. I must admit I would like to go myself, my first wife was Japanese and I have a number of friends there, but I am immuno-suppressed, so you won't catch me getting on an airplane. Funny, she goes all that way, but can't make it up a ladder, I mean can't, she climbed the first two steps to pass me stuff up and she was shaking.
I just peeled the spuds for tea as she is working late today.

Ask a Question