Hitachi Seaside Park

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
One of the most amazing gardens I have seen in Japan is called Hitachi Seaside Park. It's out in Ibaraki Prefecture, which is about 2 hours drive north of Tokyo - give or take depending on traffic.

Check these out...depending on the time of year they have all manner of amazing colourful things planted there!

I highly recommend it if you're going to Japan.

Hitachi_Seaside_Park_original_1430.jpg

the_hitashi_seaside_park_5.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a breath-taking scenery! I love the play of colors with the flowers, and thank you for sharing the beauty of your world.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's breathtakingly beautiful, it's one of the prettiest places I've ever heard of. It's hard to believe these photos aren't photoshopped. I dream about visiting Japan!:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
In your face with a vengeance there!

Haha, just sharing the love!! ;)

I like being able to give some glimpses of the cool things I've been able to see here nature-wise -- honestly, it's crazy how unreal it looks in real life, maybe even more so than the pictures! It reminds me of a wacky children's book or something!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Other pics you guys might want to take a look at:

203606_8ff8fde36900ed31f11b6861ba6a7ad5_large.jpg

Hitachi-Seaside-Park3.jpg

Hitachi-Seaside-Park-in-Japan-06.jpg

nemophilas-field-hitachi-seaside-park-9.jpg

7e064dba730c4d7c52567b582067f34a.jpg

This place is amazing!

And it really looks like that too!! Before I went there I thought maybe it was just good photography but it seriously is breathtaking!!

Reaction score
And it really looks like that too!! Before I went there I thought maybe it was just good photography but it seriously is breathtaking!!

I can imagine! Definitely a place that needs to be added to the ''places to see before dying'' list :) I mean, I know there are very beautiful places to visit before dying, but gosh, they all look so mediocre compared to this park o_O

Reaction score
Country
United States
My virtual garden tour's fifth stop on the Forums is Hitachi Seaside Park in Japan.
Monocultures can be dreary, but this one is at least worth a lingering glance. They've grown a garden to briefly match the sky, with a near-endless field of Baby Blue Eyes (Nemophila menziesii); a Californian wildflower, by the way.
image.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbissoon29

Latest Threads