Is There Any Way To Know The Color Of The Rose Aside From Asking The Seller?

Reaction score
I bought a rosebush before. The seller said it blooms yellow roses but it did not. They were red so I still don't have any yellow roses. Anyway, the next time I buy, I want to make sure that they are yellow. Is there any way I can check?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's not good! Do you have any recourse against the seller? I'm not sure if there is any way to easily check what the colour will be until it blooms, so maybe try a more reputable seller?

Reaction score
Sadly I do not know any reputable sellers. They all seem to be the same. Well anyway, my mother advised to just wait until after the rainy season when they will all bloom. This way I get to choose the type and color that I want. She also advised never to buy any flowering plant without flowers so we can see exactly what we will get.

Reaction score
I saw the question and was hoping to learn a new tip or some secret. I have had a similar experience with nurseries where they were obviously mismarked.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Unfortunately, there is no way to know the color of the rose unless it's blooming:( But it's not so bad. After all, every rose is beautiful and special and it's fun to be surprised from time to time:p

Reaction score
That is not right. How can they mix up like that. I have always purchased rose bushes that show the flower color, either a bud, or a bloom.

Reaction score
I bought a rosebush before. The seller said it blooms yellow roses but it did not. They were red so I still don't have any yellow roses. Anyway, the next time I buy, I want to make sure that they are yellow. Is there any way I can check?

I know this is an old question and I hope by now you are enjoying your yellow roses. If I had been here when you posted it I would have asked if the rose had a a name tag attached. Grasping at straws I know but it was an idea. Love yellow roses... and so many shades from mustard to lemon to almost white and beige.

Ask a Question