Indoors Eucalyptus gunnii - strange insects on the leaves?

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hi there!

Thanks a lot for your attention!

I've got a big problem. About a month ago I've bought Indoors Eucalyptus gunnii - so nice and pretty! But a few days after I found some "insects" on the leaves. So, they are living on my plant and destroy it. After I found this surprise I cut off all the destroyed and infected leaves. I got some anti-insecticidal agents and spray with it my plant. About two weeks later I saw some new young leaves. But yesterday I saw all of the new leaves infected by this "insects-strangers", I don't know what to do now, how can I save my plant? Who are them and what should I do?

P.S. Photos attached

Thank everybody so much, I appreciate any of your help,

Albina

Attachments

• E-1.jpg
    E-1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 140
  • E-2.jpg
    E-2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 145
  • E-3.jpg
    E-3.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 121
  • E-4.jpg
    E-4.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 118
  • E-5.jpg
    E-5.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 113
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @APomo and welcome to the forum. I have found a link from our RHS and will include a link for you to read https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=895
As a general rule, it might be a good idea to leave it to predators like lady birds etc, to sort the problem out for you ? This tree will grow very big, so I hope it has plenty of space in the garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It looks like maybe thrips. What kind of insecticide did you use? Thrips can be difficult to control.

Tetters, I don’t think it will be outside any time soon.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like maybe thrips. What kind of insecticide did you use? Thrips can be difficult to control.

Tetters, I don’t think it will be outside any time soon.
Maybe not :rolleyes: .....but it should be don`t you think?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes, unless it’s a dwarf variety grown for whorled foliage. Eucalyptus, unlike Ficus and Scheffleras, don’t like to be treated like bonsais. It can be done for awhile but eventually they really need to be allowed to become what they are.

Ask a Question