I this a disease or not?

Reaction score
My geraniums have these black spots on them and I don't know why any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

geranium2.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm not sure, I know that geraniums can get stem rot (where part of the stem goes black) but the only photos I've seen are a lot worse than yours. Has it come on quite quickly?

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but that kinda looks like a fungus. I've had geraniums in the past and I have seen something similar. Most of the time nothing really happened to the plant.

Reaction score
I read recently that if you dissolve two un-coated baby aspirin in water - use a spray bottle - that the mix is excellent for a variety of fungus. Its hard to tell from your picture what it is. I'd take the plant to a garden center where they can get a better look at it.

Reaction score
Hmmm not sure, I know that geraniums can get stem rot (where part of the stem goes black) but the only photos I've seen are a lot worse than yours. Has it come on quite quickly?
It came on shortly after I moved my geraniums outside to get some sun so I brought them back in and it stopped getting worse but is still there. I really do hope that they won't die as I have put so much work into them.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
It does not appear to be causing any harm so I will let it be and check it later but for now thanks everyone for the help :)

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question