I have to buy a shovel.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Interesting @DirtMechanic

others could well want to read up about that....

We dig up all kinds of garden parts here, would think they do not go back to 1750 BC though..large farm hinges are tops , parts of spades that kind of thing, all metal stuff is gong to stay in the ground forever unless they meet me..
also interesting was the data and this conclusion..with how the angle makes so much difference...

comes a bit late for me as since 15 years old have had disk problems and not talking ..Dessert Island Disks either.....
had a discectomy in 1986/87 and what I call a pull through..scrape the inside of the spinal channel to make it wider... sorted it out pretty much, micro surgery came into it's own at that period, so lucky it was that..wouldn't be talking of spade shovels and diggers otherwise.
We are seriously considering this tool below for a piece of land adjoining ours that we have just purchased...the land is farm like..long tough grass with about 7/8 old trees, mostly walnuts https://www.agence-berland-bennett.com/nos_biens-5088-parcelle_de_terrain_a_batir.html
this is the grass cutter..

chose this type because that is what the farmer used and seemed alright as a rough cut...what do you think and would you have similar types over your distance lands....:unsure::)
Nice machine. Too much machine once you have it nice though. Might just rent one the first go and get a regular mower as it gets under control. The land is not that bad for a self propelled walk behind, but I would not want to mow any bigger! Added to what you must have I would think a small garden tractor/mower might be a good choice for a gardener but they can be hard on your back bouncing about.

Reaction score
Country
France
Well we got two Tractor mowers but honestly they would not cut very good because the ground does not appear to be even..although it is over our fence that is the nearest we have been to it..Reason for buying it...the land has full building permission on it ....FACTS...do not want noise and disruption although unknown who else would purchase it...Do not want any horrors..had a few big issues building wise with past neighbours so forewarned is forearmed..and for all in costs of 15,000 Euros it is worth it in our books....Living the French Dream..:ROFLMAO::unsure:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well we got two Tractor mowers but honestly they would not cut very good because the ground does not appear to be even..although it is over our fence that is the nearest we have been to it..Reason for buying it...the land has full building permission on it ....FACTS...do not want noise and disruption although unknown who else would purchase it...Do not want any horrors..had a few big issues building wise with past neighbours so forewarned is forearmed..and for all in costs of 15,000 Euros it is worth it in our books....Living the French Dream..:ROFLMAO::unsure:
I would think that a good idea. Visiting neighbors is one thing, but too close is too much for me as well.

Reaction score
Country
United States
What I find interesting is the cost. If you go to Ollies you can get a decent one for $7 dollars. It looks identical to one at Home Depot for $30 dollars. I'm guessing that they are all made at the same factory in China

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
What I find interesting is the cost. If you go to Ollies you can get a decent one for $7 dollars. It looks identical to one at Home Depot for $30 dollars. I'm guessing that they are all made at the same factory in China
gauge of metal needs to be 14 or 12ga or thicker imo. 12 starts getting heavy headed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I bought this model. I did sharpen the edge, and have been enjoying it. It is a bit heavy to carry or for a lot of materials to be moved but for digging it is good. I will get another lighter shovel for materials or just use our old one.
Screenshot_20210328-214359.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
When you start your training as a plumber, a shovel is the first tool they hand you. I moved beyond doing grunt work a long time ago. I have a lot of experience with shovels a wood handled Razorback is my shovel of choice

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
@DirtMechanic - sorry, late to the party but why did you need a new one? It's rare to wear out the shovel but common to break handles. I taught myself (along with youtube university) to replace the handles on tools. Most of my tools are old True Temper or similar but I have no clue how old.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@DirtMechanic - sorry, late to the party but why did you need a new one? It's rare to wear out the shovel but common to break handles. I taught myself (along with youtube university) to replace the handles on tools. Most of my tools are old True Temper or similar but I have no clue how old.
Lol nonono I have no use for the tool. I have gotten rid of all the D handle shorties I have ever owned since other shovels prove more worthy.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Speaking of shovels I am slowly getting my garage and basement cleaned up. I had one battery I needed gone . I gathered up 2 more batteries a peck bucket of brass and one of copper and a chunk of lead that I don't think was pure. 1 battery weighed 132 lbs I got enough from cleaning my garage to buy a new Razorback round point shovel to replace the cheap fiberglass handled one I had . Buy my sweet wife a fancy iced coffee and still had $5 to put in my change tin

That puts me in good shape on shovels rakes and hoes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
We had a broken toilet seat this morning and never realised the extent of the various sizes..always thought they would be BOG STANDARD........:censored:
To solve that problem make your toilet seat. Much better feel than a synthetic. :)

Attachments

• toilet seat 2017.JPG
    toilet seat 2017.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 33
  • toilet seat phase 1- 3-24-05.jpg
    toilet seat phase 1- 3-24-05.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Toilet seat tabs -  5 - 27.jpg
    Toilet seat tabs - 5 - 27.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 33

Ask a Question