Humidity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have a question- I recently got a an electric propagation box in thought of having a warm space for my cuttings in the cold english apartment.
However, it does appear to not get enough humidity from my large humidifier- because its closed up.
How do I increase the humidity without damaging the electric propagation box, as it can’t come in touch with water, it has a heat mat built in the base.
Thank you for any ideas.

Reaction score
Country
United States
A warm, enclosed space with plants and moist potting media will soon become humid.
Your next concern may be how to reduce the humidity and increase air flow.
The answer to that is to leave the lid or door open, and possibly run an electric fan as well.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A warm, enclosed space with plants and moist potting media will soon become humid.
Your next concern may be how to reduce the humidity and increase air flow.
The answer to that is to leave the lid or door open, and possibly run an electric fan as well.

I thought so as well, but my hygrometer is not showing any improvement in humidity(keeps steady 40%) whilst outside of the box its showing 60-75%. It’s been around a month since i started using it and it has a lid on it, so i just don’t understand

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not certain either. You say its an electric model. What are its functions? Does it have a fan or ventilation system?
Try placing a pan of water in the chamber, if there is room to do so.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not certain either. You say its an electric model. What are its functions? Does it have a fan or ventilation system?
Try placing a pan of water in the chamber, if there is room to do so.

I don’t think it has a ventilation system. It only keeps the steady temperature of about 20-25 degrees. Its this model: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174448558518
I’m going to try the water, do you think pebbles might help increase it too?
Thank you for the advice by the way. Appreciate it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes wet pebbles would help. Anything that increases the surface area of the water will help with evaporation and humidity.

Ask a Question