Hugelkultur Kickstarter

Reaction score
I just wanted to share this with y'all as hugelkultur has changed how I garden in Southern California. I started using these techniques about two years ago and it has practically saved my garden from this terrible drought we have been having. So when I saw a Kickstarter trying to bring this mainstream I was like "Heck Yeah!"

http://kck.st/1jtmswG

I have supported to get the full shabang, but for 1$ of support he is offering a 15 minute micro-documentary on hugelkultur which is something I think everyone should have in their arsenal of knowledge.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your video with us, it gives me a whole new perspective on how to get a pond started and maintained. I don't have the space to put a pond in but hopefully within the next year or two I will be able to gain housing that will allow me to do so. Thanks again for the video!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To be honest, I wasn't familiar with the term "hugelkultur" before. It's such an interesting idea to make raised beds filled with rotten wood. I've never tried to make anything like it.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for this very informative video and article. When I saw the post this first thing that came to mind was what is "hugelkultur" now that I know I am excited. We have large tree limbs falling from the 5 trees in the backyard which we usually just send to the dump. These limbs can be used to form a hugelkultur in the yard and grow veggies.

Reaction score
This is really cool. I wonder if they can use this idea in other countries that suffer from drought. There are people going hungry in other countries because there's not enough water to grow crops. If this type of gardening caught on worldwide, it could actually help people.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
This is really cool. I wonder if they can use this idea in other countries that suffer from drought. There are people going hungry in other countries because there's not enough water to grow crops. If this type of gardening caught on worldwide, it could actually help people.
Hunger stems from politics, not climate. We grow twice the world's food requirements every year.

Reaction score
There are so many facets to the world hunger issue and the politics just makes it even a stickier quagmire but the more tools and techniques one has to grow their own food the better off we will all be.

Side note: It's the last day to support the kickstarter to get the 1$ micro-documentary on hugelkultur

Ask a Question