How long should husk cherries take to sprout?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The packet says they should sprout within 15 days, but there's nothing so far. I followed the directions and used a heating mat underneath, which worked great for the other seeds I started at the same time - tomatoes and okra.
Does anybody have experience with these?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No experience, haven't even heard of these before now, but find they are a bit like tomatillos. I understand that these can take longer than two weeks to germinate, and would suggest that you just use all the patience you can muster, and wait. I don't expect they will be much longer now.
I had to use the same patience with some sweet peppers that seem to have been absolutely ages, and had nearly given up, then a couple of days ago they pushed through as if by magic......actually, now I'm thinking - where AM I going to put all of those 😮

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I know with Nasturtium seeds, I slice them a wee bit with a knife and let them soak in water for 3 days, then put them in the soil. That is the closest seeds I can think about to cherry seeds.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, on average, cherry seeds germinate from 10 to 20 days.
A heat mat can help with many other types of seeds, but germination temperatures for cherries are lower than for tomatoes or okra. Recommended temperature is about 18-22°C.
Do you have fresh seeds? they germinate better than old ones or those that were stored in the wrong conditions

Ask a Question