Homemade systemic insecticides

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi!
I, probably like many others here, have a lot of houseplants. And when I get a pest indoors I want a systemic insecticide that I can water my plants with instead of having to spray everything.
Ideally I obviously want a cheap natural pesticide that I can make myself but I don't know of many so I would love to learn about more of them!
I use neem oil regularly as a systemic insecticide but I was thinking about nicotine, chilli and rosemary oil, I know they can be made into "topical" insecticides but maybe systemic as well?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The only systemic that I know of is garlic. It does repel insects and discourages fungal problems. All you have to do is get a bunch of garlic cloves, run them through a food processor, add water and let sit for a few days.

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
The only systemic that I know of is garlic. It does repel insects and discourages fungal problems. All you have to do is get a bunch of garlic cloves, run them through a food processor, add water and let sit for a few days.
That's great! I will definitely try it, thank you :)

Ask a Question