Help with Pepper Plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, my pepper plants have been having a lot of problems this year. They seem to be all dried up and I don't know what to do or what it even is to be honest. I have tried fish fertilizer and they seem to only help it a bit, however the plants went right back to the stage they were at before in a day or so. Is there anything I can do to stop this?
plants.jpg
plants2.jpg
plants3.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome aboard! :)

Sorry to hear about your pepper troubles, how much water are they getting? Lori makes a very good point above, be sure to give that a try. Might also be worth keeping an eye on those black marks as it might be a fungus.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello and welcome aboard! :)

Sorry to hear about your pepper troubles, how much water are they getting? Lori makes a very good point above, be sure to give that a try. Might also be worth keeping an eye on those black marks as it might be a fungus.
They have been mostly getting watered by the rain these days and on any days it doesn't rain, I water them myself

Reaction score
Considering that you live in Chicago I think that your peppers look wonderful! You are obviously a very good gardener! Or, in other words, your peppers look better than mine do.

Sigh.

It is all this rain: the weatherman says that we have gotten rain 2 days out of 3, and only 2 of my peppers have survived the wet. Neither one of mine looks as good as your pepper does. I don't think either plant has bloomed, yet, and the largest is just starting to get bushy! This has just not been a good year for peppers in the center of the USA, as we haven't been getting much sunshine..

But, since you say that last years peppers had trouble also, it is not ONLY the excess rain! The fish emulsion would have given them nitrogen, which you say only helped a bit. Have you given them any other types of fertilizer? Midwestern soil often needs some phosphorus and potassium as well.

Ask a Question