Help! My yard guy mowed down my dwarf asters!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi everyone - just an update. I'm seeing signs that three of the eight asters are still alive!!! Beautiful, teeny, tiny leaves have poked through the ground and I'm so excited. I'm hopeful others will revive. In the meantime, I'm planting some annuals in the bear spots so it doesn't look like such a crime scene!

It wont be my original vision but it's something.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Hi everyone - just an update. I'm seeing signs that three of the eight asters are still alive!!! Beautiful, teeny, tiny leaves have poked through the ground and I'm so excited. I'm hopeful others will revive. In the meantime, I'm planting some annuals in the bear spots so it doesn't look like such a crime scene!

It wont be my original vision but it's something.
That is great news, hardy little things then, aren't they? :)
I have a small pot of annuals in a pot in the centre on the wrought iron table on my deck. Directly underneath the deck hidden behind screening and a hedge of heebies and large pots there are some little flowers growing that have dropped out of the pot, probably when I was repotting a few displays ago. They do look lovely, hidden away on their own, under there.:oops: I must bring them out, rather than letting them "hide their light under a bushell", and show them off.;) I have forgotten what they are. I usually keep the labels in a pot in my garden shed but, as I am sure you can imagine, there a quite a few there so I'd be hard pressed to find it. I think I'll just ask my friend who spotted them and pointed them out to me. It just shows you how nature is so determined, like your poor massacred little asters determined to strut their stuff again.(y)

Ask a Question