Hello! New to gardening!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
That's gonna be an interesting start. Haha. I'm a little bit disappointed, but it won't be a waste to grow a fruit. Also, about the little sprout, I'm going to post about it in the plant identification section.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)A warm welcome to you @Klona zone 12. If you want tomatoes, in zone 12 you will have to grow them in the shade (or under a 90% sunscreen), mostly. Maybe an hour of morning sun. My geography is pathetic. But i do know of people in Jamaica who grow tomatoes in the shade, and that is the only way they will grow. How far from the equator are you? This will determine the intensity of your sun and also the number of daylight hours you have. Herbs and flowers are lovely to have around the house. I've been talking to Rasish in zone 13 India. He is growing lemon grass herb which would be really nice for you. We both grow mostly outdoors though. I personally am not familiar with growing plants indoors. Often it is a different process for the same plant. But there is a forum for indoor plants that you can access here and get some tips. I have to leave the house now. I just thought i would say "hello and welcome" now, I'll be thinking of some plants for zone 12 that don't become enormous. Ixora coccinea, and tropical Hibiscus come to mind at this time but there are so many other flowers and herbs. Not the mexican flame vine that @MaryMary mentioned because it becomes huge. Talk to you later(y) Rasish is zone 13, Dinu is zone 10, I am zone 11, there are some zone 10 people who might be borderline for you, and there are lots more, so i suspect you will receive a riches load of ideas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum! :) Some good advice in the comments above (y)

Ask a Question