Hello from Washington State

Reaction score
Hi ya'll. I'm growing a container garden as I live in an apartment complex. I'm trying some plants/flowers that I have not tried before. So I found this really neat place while I'm researching and thought it would be great to just ask my questions rather than sifting through article after article and not finding exactly what I am looking for. Right now I have the following plants growing:
Calla Lily
Foxglove
Freesia
Geranium
Impatiens
Lily Stella De Oro Daylily
Nemesia
Petunia

I'm sure my timing is off, but I've got nothing to lose - I have seeds started (inside) for the following:
Annual cut flower mix seed pack
Four O'Clocks
Impatiens, starting this weekend.

So - thank you all for this great forum, I look forward to learning and sharing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums Iris! :) Great to have you here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Hi, Iris ! I grew up in North Idaho, and also lived in Washington many years. Now I live out here in Alabama, and enjoy not having to shovel any more snow.
Welcome to the group !
I have some plants growing in containers also, and when you live in an apartment, containers are the way to go. If you have a deck or balcony, you could even try vertical gardening to make the most use of your space.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Iris welcome to I am also a newbie here having joined last week.

Reaction score
Hi, Iris ! I grew up in North Idaho, and also lived in Washington many years. Now I live out here in Alabama, and enjoy not having to shovel any more snow.
Welcome to the group !
I have some plants growing in containers also, and when you live in an apartment, containers are the way to go. If you have a deck or balcony, you could even try vertical gardening to make the most use of your space.
I'm a pretty new gardener and am not at all familiar with vertical gardening. Is this strictly for flowers and ornamental plants or could I grow edibles with this concept? Probably doesn't make any difference but I do try and go organic.

Ask a Question