Hello from my tiny patch of land!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Just popping in to say hello today! I'm happy to have found this forum, and hope to improve my gardening skills a bit.

I live in town with a small backyard, but I think it's possible to have a great garden even in a small space - in fact, I think it can have an even bigger impact in a small space! Right now (well, right now it's winter, but in the spring...) I am trying to incorporate herbs and veggies a little more seamlessly into what was formerly a flower garden. They do great there, full sun, but the look... o_O The last couple of years it has taken on too much of a vegetable garden look, so I want to find that happy medium!

I'd also like to spruce up a few other corners, and get something tall going for privacy from an adjoining neighbor's property. I'm looking forward to learning a lot here, and hopefully saving myself some mistakes!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Hello, Katy and welcome aboard. You have certainly come to the right place for suggestions and help with gardening. Enjoy your stay and happy spring planting :)

Reaction score
Hi SweetMamaKaty!!! Welcome to the forum, I truly hope you enjoy your stay here :) I'm sure you will find a lot interesting things over here, if yo have any question you just need to ask us :D We'll do our best to help you out!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, welcome to the group, your plans for your space sound like you are ready to get out there and get working. Small spaces are easier to work in because you will not get to carried away and you can always go vertical when you run out of land space.

Ask a Question