Hello From Canada

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12B
Country
Canada
From the place where the Grand River Crosses the Hwy 403 in Western central Ontario.
I am Palladini. I own a Weber Kettle BBQ, a MasterBuilt Electric Smoker and 3 Burner Camp Chef Outdoor Cooker.

I had a garden -

Then we moved, so everything this year is going to grown in Pots. I plan on growing a Seeds.com Salsa Garden. There will be picture soon, as I plan to start planting my Peppers within a week, on seed tray over a heated pad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
From the place where the Grand River Crosses the Hwy 403 in Western central Ontario.
I am Palladini. I own a Weber Kettle BBQ, a MasterBuilt Electric Smoker and 3 Burner Camp Chef Outdoor Cooker.

I had a garden -

Then we moved, so everything this year is going to grown in Pots. I plan on growing a Seeds.com Salsa Garden. There will be picture soon, as I plan to start planting my Peppers within a week, on seed tray over a heated pad.
It will be a loooong time before peppers are ready to go outside in Canada. Do you have enough direct sunlight?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12B
Country
Canada
I do have 3 Daylight grow lights installed in Clamp style lights, I do put those up for 8 hours each day. The Peppers are about 6 inches tall, and in this part of the World we have last frost about May 24th, give or take a week.

I grew up on a Tobacco Farm, we grew about 100 acres of it each year. Our garden then was about 1/2 acre big.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I do have 3 Daylight grow lights installed in Clamp style lights, I do put those up for 8 hours each day. The Peppers are about 6 inches tall, and in this part of the World we have last frost about May 24th, give or take a week.
As you probably know peppers and tomatoes, once they start growing, do not do very well if their growth is hampered. From now until mid May is at least 14 weeks until placed outside. If your peppers are growing well they will soon outgrow artificial light unless you add a bunch more lights. 10 weeks, from seed to going outside is what I do and that is about maximum here. 6-8 weeks is what is recommended everywhere.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12B
Country
Canada
Ha Ha! I am a Former Truck driver, with over 7.8 Million Miles driven in tractor trailers. I have been in temperature cold enough to freeze trucks and stop them dead (ST Cloud MN) and I have backed into Mine south of New Orleans, as the New Orleans Radio station gave the weather, and they said it 148 degrees in the shade, 98% humidity. And I was neither Cold nor Hot in either instance. As I drove for a Canadian Trucking Company, they supplied our work gear, and it included and Australian Outback coat, which is guaranteed to keep you warm at -60 with 50 mph wind from any direction hitting you.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Haha! Have you featured in the Ice cold truckers on CBS Reality!?

Love the content in the video. So much to see and the herbs are gorgeous and healthy.

Where do you keep your plants now that it is so cold? Would love to see your updates in pics and videos.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12B
Country
Canada
We Moved, so every pot was emptied and washed, those herbs I will start again in the Spring. And Ice Road trucker no, but I often tell People, If I put a Map of North America up on wall, blindfolded them and had them through a Dart at the map, no matter where it lands I have been, probably more than once.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Hello @Palladini and welcome to the forum!

I've been out your way a few times. Visited the whispering gardens and also the lavendar farms. Little Brown Cow Dairy- yum.

I started my peppers inside too. I also have a few grow lights and plan to start potting up the seedlings tomorrow.

I like your style. I use an outdoor wood oven and smoker from spring through fall to bake, cook and also sterilize soil. I use a sunoven to slow cook things like spaghettis sauce and stews. I also have a Drumi on order to do my washing and then I will hang it on lines as I have been doing for the past 5 years.

For those who aren't familiar with Ontario, we need to do things like this because electricity is soooo expensive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12B
Country
Canada
I agree with You, as you can see my picture, that is what I think of whats going on here in Ontario. Sky High Hydro Prices (the highest in North America), onerous taxes and I could go on for a hundred more things, but living in Ontario, Canadian Lori, you know what it is I talk of.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

Ask a Question