Hello From An Old Gardener

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Hello everyone,

I've been gardening for over 60 years and am just beginning to get things right! :D

I like plants that are easy to grow but they seem a lot more difficult to look after in this century :ROFLMAO:

I grow lots of shrubs, perennials and vegetables - and weeds. ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome, Bootsy! I've been gardening for about 50 years, and I'm still learning. Please share your ideas, advice, and suggestions--I bet you are a font of information!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Thanks marlingardener, I'll try to give ideas and advice when I can. :)

I've had a brief look around the forum and answered one question. I think it would make the site look better if we put pictures up more often. After all, gardens and plants are about making us feel good. :D

P1120969.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Hi Bootsy,
I've been gardening for about 7 minutes. Okay a little longer but I feel as though I'm still a newbie.
Looking forward to your input!
Lori

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Bootsy welcome to the forum. I hope spring will show up soom but it is still cold here. How about you?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Hi Pat,
We've been getting flashes of spring throughout the month.

Half the nights this month have been frosty (tonight it's 29.1) but some of the days have been sunny and mild. They've ranged from 40 - 58. so it has been fairly pleasant at times when working in the garden.

We've had no rain for over a month so some of our new plantings have needed a lot of watering.

Our spring flowers have been blooming for some time. Snowdrops are finished, cowslips, primulas and primroses are getting into their stride and the Hellebores are still looking good.

P1220856.JPG

P1220857.JPG

The early camellias are doing well

P1220869.JPG

Ask a Question