Haunted by a Fig Tree

Reaction score
Yeah it's going to take a lot of work to revive the tree because it has a lot of dead branches and now that winter has set in we are seeing lots of wild plants growing around it. We are going to try to get rid of them and prune the tree. I just hope that we don't accidently harm the tree in the process.

Reaction score
Yeah it's going to take a lot of work to revive the tree because it has a lot of dead branches and now that winter has set in we are seeing lots of wild plants growing around it. We are going to try to get rid of them and prune the tree. I just hope that we don't accidently harm the tree in the process.

As we have discussed already, it is notoriously hard to harm, let alone kill a fig tree and by cutting out all the damaged wood and giving the tree a good prune, you will actually rejuvenate the tree, because as the tree will then be less stressed it will put out plenty of new growth, which in turn will be more productive. :)
I was thinking, as you and your sister would like more fig trees, you could easily get some more, by using some of the prunings, especially as they root very easily.

Ask a Question