Happy birthday Silentrunning.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wishing you a super duper birthday Silentrunning; I hope it's a brilliant one for you with lots of prezzies. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Kind regards, Colin.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Happy Birthday :)

hb09.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I had the best birthday present ever today. I took my wife in for her physical today and the doctors gave her a clean bill of health. For the last decade she has been battling neuropathy in her feet and lower legs which has left her pretty much an invalid. Last year she decided to go on a strict diet and it has helped immensely. She has gone from a wheelchair to a walker to a cane and now walks alone with only a slight limp. Life is good!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Many thanks for sharing your happy story Silentrunning; I'm delighted your wife is so well now; it must be a new lease of life to her and I bet she feels very much happier in herself; wonderful news for a change; well done Mrs Sr. (y)(y)(y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I am very happy for both of you!! :joyful:

I would be interested in hearing about this diet, also!(y)

Actually it was more a change of habit than a diet. Instead of bringing the food to the table she puts it on the cupboard and fills our plates from there. No food on the table so no “grazing”. As soon as our plates are finished we get up from the table. Again, no grazing. She always has a glass of ice water or cranberry juice nearby which helps prevent slumps. Also there are no sweets and snacks consist of apples or peaches. To prevent getting a frying pan slapped up on the side of my head I will not say how much she lost, but it was substantial.

Ask a Question