Growing white strawberries

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received some “rare white strawberry plants” ( they are not the alpine type) from a friend she told me they needed some shade so I planted them last fall in a spot with morning sun and afternoon shade. The plants looks vigorous and put out lots of runners but I have only gotten 2 strawberries so far. Does anyone have experience growing these. I’m wondering if they need more sun?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I received some “rare white strawberry plants” ( they are not the alpine type) from a friend she told me they needed some shade so I planted them last fall in a spot with morning sun and afternoon shade. The plants looks vigorous and put out lots of runners but I have only gotten 2 strawberries so far. Does anyone have experience growing these. I’m wondering if they need more sun?
How many flowers did they have

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would probally say they may have something wrong with them, ultimately they shouldn't grow much diff to normal strawberries, which when healthy will produce lots of flowers, the flowers then need to be pollinated In order for the strawberry to produce. They need min 6 hours sun a day, anything less than that and they won't grow as good. I wouldn't put them in shade though, only when the sun is too hot I would shade them.

Ask a Question