Glenfidoch is the stems thorny?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I bought this rose last year but now as it's growing the stem is so full of thorns.

I don't know if it was a wrong label on the rose.

So now I want another rose less thorny to go with burgundy ice,iceberg,and Glamis castle.

Reaction score
Some roses can be thornier than others but the reality is that its about the flowers and not the rest of the plants. If it makes beautiful blooms then what is the problem?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is as I enjoy having my cut roses in a vase indoors as well. As the garden and don't like a lot of thorns on the stem.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I just had a peek Becky and my rose is nothing like that colour but is very thorny.

I don't have the receipt anymore ,so I shall just put it down to experience.

Reaction score
The Thornless Paul Neyron roses is practically thornless, it blooms several times during the season and the flowers are huge. You could give it a look just in case!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
One of my roses had been thornless when I received it. After three years, it suddenly started developing big thorns. I don't know why this happened. I think that some roses change over time and there is nothing that can be done about it, so even if you purchase a thornless variety, there is no guarantee that it'll stay this way:(

Reaction score
If you want to have the roses in a vase then take a paring knife and flick them off. Its not hard to do and with a bit of practice you will be a pro in no time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Firelily apart from that this rose looks very unsightly inmŷ border as it's very thick thorny stems.

I have a proper rose stem stripper to take the stems off.

I did only ask this ? If it had been the wrong rose but feel you have extended this ?

Please don't reply again

Ask a Question