Giant Peace lily

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am a 72 yr old newbe, so patience please

I have and have had for several years what I call giant peace lilies these grow to about 6-8ft tall and at least 4ft wide the beautiful white flowers are approx 6" across.

When they start to die off they produce a seed pod that can only be described as a minature corn on the cob, the seed start green but become a corn cob yellow

I would be grateful if someone could identify the type of lily I have and can i propagate from the seeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
There are a lot of big lilies, there are giant oriental and trumpet lilies, and hybrids, white narrows it down a bit, there are a lot of coloured hybrids.
The easy answer is 'Please post a photo', but at five years older than you I appreciate the pain of learning new skills with modern technology, I haven't got it together to post photos to the forum yet :)
The seed pod sounds like the best clue, take a look at this page,
It is lily seed pods and there are some there that look possible candidates.

If you Google 'Growing lilies from seed' there are a number of YouTube videos which may be helpful, and no doubt will lead you on to more of the same when you get there. Googling gets all sorts of information, it's knowing what questions to ask, the 'Frequently asked questions' near the top of a new page are often very helpful for this.

Last edited:

Ask a Question