Garden revamp - patio sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We're in the process of looking to get our garden completely landscaped... everything took out and starting from scratch (lived in our house over 10 years and never used it to it's potential as it's old and tired). We want a nice low maintenance area. I've roughly planned the area as per the attached plan and will get a landscape company to do the work but I just wanted to get people's opinions on dimensions, specifically the corner deck/patio (I have zero experience with things like this!). The garden is 10m x 10m. Do you think the dimensions I've gone for would be adequate? We'd likely want a corner sofa, table and cantilever parasol on it.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

Screenshot_20230610-202500.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, this probably isn't what you want to hear. In my opinion the measurements for the deck are going to make it a tight fit for sofa, table and parasol, plus the people that will use it.

Beware of using wood for decking. As it matures it can become lethal in wet or icy weather.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, this probably isn't what you want to hear. In my opinion the measurements for the deck are going to make it a tight fit for sofa, table and parasol, plus the people that will use it.

Beware of using wood for decking. As it matures it can become lethal in wet or icy weather.
Ok thanks appreciate the response, may look at increasing the size. I think we are potentially looking at doing it in porcelain tile now just raised slightly.

Ask a Question