Furniture decorated with plants

Reaction score
These moss tables are kind of cute. Is moss supposed to be that yellowish color? I think the table might be dead.

d9b8cbf2bc02aa1c0c73901afab2d6e9.jpg

Reaction score
Wow! A living armchair. You plant a cardboard armature filled with soil like this on purpose to make the grass grow in the shape of a chair that you can sit on.

a4d187f8b5a0f90e232c4b7c3b0c9230.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA, I love this armchair, I want something like this in my garden! It's such a cute idea and it looks very interesting, I'm sure that every one of my guests would like to sit on it:D

This is funny:

grass-sofa-04-credit-national-trust.jpg

Reaction score
I love the IDEA of it. Some of those pictures are really awesome.

Unfortunately, I think that if many of us tried to put this into practice in our own homes, the plants wouldn't look nearly as good. Or in my case, they would end up dying off or looking somewhat sickly, and it just wouldn't be so awesome any more.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Dim, is it a dog house in the last picture? I'm pretty sure that my little dog would like to sleep in it:D . I love the bike planter!
This looks like a great place to relax:

earth_furniture_ppnfo.jpg

Reaction score
ACSAPA, I love this armchair, I want something like this in my garden! It's such a cute idea and it looks very interesting, I'm sure that every one of my guests would like to sit on it:D

This is funny:

grass-sofa-04-credit-national-trust.jpg

That couch looks funny. I wonder if you can actually sit on it, or would that just kill the grass. It would be a cool prop to be photographed in front of.

Reaction score
I love the IDEA of it. Some of those pictures are really awesome.

Unfortunately, I think that if many of us tried to put this into practice in our own homes, the plants wouldn't look nearly as good. Or in my case, they would end up dying off or looking somewhat sickly, and it just wouldn't be so awesome any more.

True, I wonder how the indoor coffee tables that have plants in them manage to get enough light. If my living room got a lot of direct sunlight, plants would like it, but it would be hell for me. I hate being uncomfortably hot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA, I think it's okay to seat on this couch. People walk on grass on all the time and nothing happens to it.
Here is another "couch":

couch_grass.jpg.scaled500.jpg

This little table looks lovely but it isn't very practical:

noid-IMG_1150.jpg

Reaction score
I love the idea of furniture being decorated with plants. I imagine it brings serenity and calmness into the home. My favorite is the wooden table with grass down the middle. I would probably add a couple orchids for color.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
How do you feel about this outdoor seating? I think that it's very, very romantic and I love it:D . It's something that could be a part of a fairy tale:

tumblr_lw11vdTDgG1qf61xdo1_500.png

Reaction score

The toilet and bicycle are really good ideas, although the toilet I don't think would look too good in the front yard or the side of the house, that's something that would look better and probably fit in moreso in the backyard. The third image is fantastic. It's hard to tell what the actually size is but that's a decorative plant that I'd love to have. A very novel idea, although the leaves look as if they are artificial but I hope that's not the case. As I've mentioned before, I can't stand artificial plants. I'll never own an artificial plant, even silk plants that are supposed to look so "life-like", I have no interest in. No disrespect to those of you who have silk plants, if that's what you like, more power to you, and that's certainly your choice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Taskeinc, if you don't like artificial plants so much, you probably don't like artificial grass either, but I just had to post this picture, it looks so funny:

18.jpg

Who would like to sleep in a bed surrounded with fake sheep:p ?

I love this so much:

grass-sofa.jpg

Reaction score
Claudine,
Do you know where the photo's are from that you posted on April 4th & 5th 2013 of the beautiful grass covered furniture? Is it artificial grass or real? I'm about to do an 'Alice in Wonderland' event.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine,
Do you know where the photo's are from that you posted on April 4th & 5th 2013 of the beautiful grass covered furniture? Is it artificial grass or real? I'm about to do an 'Alice in Wonderland' event.
I think it's a real grass. I found one of these pictures on this site: http://www.sandraespinetblog.com/2013/07/living-furniture.html. I hope it will help.
You could also use artificial grass for your event, I believe it would look nice:)

Ask a Question