Furniture decorated with plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
What do you think about furniture decorated with plants? In my opinion it's a great idea!
I just found the photo of this lovely table. Isn't it wonderful? I think it would look great in every room:

3_550_25.jpg

Here are other pictures:

offecctoasis-furniture-for-plants.jpg

greenlivingtableplanter.jpg

sparkling-pendants-3.jpg

Reaction score
I love the fern under the glass of that coffee table.. that one is really pretty.. we used to have one like that earlier.. I think the pothos under the tables is lost.. The money tree plant looks better in other environments.. the moss lampshade is pretty too.
I wonder how they take care of these plants.. My plants inside suffer for want of light (despite the grow lights) and I have to keep rotating the pots to keep all of them looking healthy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I wonder how they take care of these plants.. My plants inside suffer for want of light (despite the grow lights) and I have to keep rotating the pots to keep all of them looking healthy.

I was thinking about it too. Ferns don't need too much light but it might be a problem with other plants. Maybe you just have to place a furniture like this near a window.

I love how these chairs look but I'd be scared of sitting on them - I wouldn't want to hurt the plant:

garden-furniture-set-overrun-plants-Radici-decastelli-celato-3.jpg

This is such a lovely table:

wooden-dining-table-design.jpg

Reaction score
My favorite is the glass topped coffee table with the ferns. Not only is it beautiful, but it looks like it wouldn't hurt the ferns and wouldn't be too impractical to take care of.

I also like the moss lamps but hope the heat wouldn't hurt them, those would have to be some low wattage bulbs. The wooden coffee table with the grass growing down the center is very cool, but there's barely room to set a cup of coffee down, so it's more of an art piece than a table.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This set looks surreal:

furnibloom-peeps.jpg

I'm not sure if I like it. It doesn't look too comfortable and these poor plants would probably prefer to grow somewhere else.

Reaction score
This set looks surreal:

furnibloom-peeps.jpg

I'm not sure if I like it. It doesn't look too comfortable and these poor plants would probably prefer to grow somewhere else.

It kind of looks cool but it looks really uncomfortable and the girls sitting there studying there don't look too happy. The table isn't as bad as the seats. A table only has to be flat, but those seats have no back support and they're so fragile looking that I would be afraid of breaking them.
Again, more furniture that looks more like art than something you can actually use.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Sure, but it's nice to surround yourself with art and with nature, even if it's not practical:D . The problem is, plants might get hurt if you use them as furniture. For example, these benches covered with grass look gorgeous but if many people sit there often, grass won't survive:

mindscape-plant-furniture.jpg

Reaction score
Sure, but it's nice to surround yourself with art and with nature, even if it's not practical:D . The problem is, plants might get hurt if you use them as furniture. For example, these benches covered with grass look gorgeous but if many people sit there often, grass won't survive:

mindscape-plant-furniture.jpg
I LOVE this seating area. It's gorgeous, but I think they should have some kind of signs to tell people to go easy on the grass. I mean people at parks and outdoor concerts sit on grass anyway, but you would think after a while it would start to break off and turn brown.

Is this seating area in Japan? This looks like something cool they would do in Japan or South Korea.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It was made by a Japanese company.
I think it would be better if these benches were bigger, this way people wouldn't sit too often on the same spot.
This table looks so unique:

6a00e3982480928833012876708d11970c-500pi

Reaction score
It was made by a Japanese company.
I think it would be better if these benches were bigger, this way people wouldn't sit too often on the same spot.
This table looks so unique:

6a00e3982480928833012876708d11970c-500pi
That's a beautiful table. I wouldn't mind having a coffee table in this style if the moss inside was that dried moss you find in the floral department of craft stores. I wouldn't want to feel like I was harming a live plant and the idea of opening my coffee table to water it doesn't sound that fun. If I had a table with compartments like this, I could imagine putting all kinds cool things inside like smooth rocks, seashells, sea glass, moss rocks, fossils, geodes, crystals. Now I kind of want one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I wouldn't like to hurt the moss either - but since there is glass to protect it, everything should be fine. The idea of putting everything you like inside this table is so nice. It's a perfect table for creative people:D

This looks very pretty:

tumblr_m8kqfnttaQ1qcpxayo1_500.jpg

Reaction score
I wouldn't like to hurt the moss either - but since there is glass to protect it, everything should be fine. The idea of putting everything you like inside this table is so nice. It's a perfect table for creative people:D

This looks very pretty:

tumblr_m8kqfnttaQ1qcpxayo1_500.jpg

It is very pretty and it looks like it wouldn't do any damage to the plants since they're not under glass and no one is sitting on them. It looks like a really pleasant spot for a lunch break. I like the taro plant in the front.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I like how tidy and unique it looks.

I love these benches, you can sit on them without hurting the plants - and they're so pretty:

meble-ogrodowe.jpg

Reaction score
greenlivingtableplanter.jpg

I am squealing. Yaas. this one is SOOO cute. Could you grown herbs in this thing indoor? It'd smell amazing all the time :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, growing herbs in it would be lovely!:D It's a perfect idea:)

This is a very simple bench but I find it so pretty:

atla112007-leif.jpg

Ask a Question