First time greenhouse maker, how to protect against neighbors chem lawn spray

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any advice on how to build my greenhouse and protect against my neighbors chem lawn. The only place to get good sun is right up against that side of the bordering yard. So, we need something that will let in no chemical spray.

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Assume you want to grow tomatoes in greenhouse, unless neighbours deliberately spray greenhouse then any greenhouse will prevent direct contact. The problem with tomatoes is that they are very sensitive to some herbicides and a slight amount of airborne spray will cause distortion and as you have to have ventilation then this is almost impossible to prevent.
Talk to your neighbours and get them to change their lawn care schedule and the chemicals they use.
Or you could offer to take on their lawn maintenance and go herbicide free.
Chemical spray I get, but exactly is "Chem Lawn".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Try this approach with the neighbors. "hello, neighbors, (with a big smile) I am planting many tomato plants in my green house, they will be free of herbicides, would you like to have a few this summer. I just hope while they grow they don't accidently come in contact with chemicals sprayed about in the atmosphere" And leave it at that. See if they "get it".

Ask a Question