Eden rose size

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Can anyone be specific on the size of an Eden rose? As far as the base I mean? I see reports that it gets about 10 feet tall and about 5 to 6 feet wide. I’m assuming they mean (on the width) as the branches grow out if left as a freestanding shrub. Because I’ve seen them wider when they are taken out and trained as climbers. But whenever I look at pictures or videos they seldom show the base and I’m trying to see if it will fit in a medium size bed that I have where I have a spot about 2’ x 3.5’ approximately on the ground. There are no other tall plants next to it so it would have room to stretch out its branches. I had a knockout rose tree and had not planned on moving it, but I’m thinking of giving it away as I don’t like the way it is constantly bending over even being staked. I was hoping to put an Eden rose in its place if it would fit. I’m not sure, but from the sound of it I would have to put some kind of trellis for it to climb since freestanding it might flop over and take more room at the base.

Ask a Question