Echanaicheai

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello this is my first post. I planted an echanaichea last September to remember my cat. Buried on top of the cat. The plant grew so well for 2 months but has not grown back this year. I think it is because has not received enough sunshine. Do you advise i replant in a sunny pot? Plant did so well last autumn. Any advice gratefully received. I should add i live in the French alps. Very cold in winter. I mulched it well but maybe it was too frozen....

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Do you mean Coneflower or echinacea? If so, definitely a sunny spot.

Welcome to the forum!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could it be that it needs an Acid feed. I mulched mine over winter with coffee grounds,and it's doing well now. We had a lot of snow too.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Coneflower (Echinacea species and hybrids) is a genus of perennial herbs in the Sunflower Tribe (Heliantheae) of the Daisy Family (Asteraceae), native to eastern and central North America. Coneflowers have been selected and hybridized to produce a large number of garden cultivars with a wide range of flower colors.

Echinacea generally grow best in full sun with fertile, well-drained soil. They are quite cold-hardy, but even cold-hardy plants can die during Winter, if planted in a poor location with little light or poor drainage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burvs

Latest Threads