Driving skills.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
How many times have you been behind a car when the driver wanting to turn left swings out to the right before making the turn? OK it makes it easier for them as they don't have to turn the steering wheel as far and they can negotiate the turn a bit faster. But it's so unnecessary.

Yesterday on the way to golf, I was waiting to turn right at the lights at a junction. At the lights in the left-hand lane of the dual carriageway road into which I wanted to turn, I saw a medium sized caravan which had been towed by a car, hard up against the barrier which protects pedestrians wanting to cross the junction at the lights. The driver had obviously swung out right before turning left and the front right-hand corner of the caravan had struck the corner post of the barrier and had split the van at that corner from top to bottom. The car had made the turn and was parked with its hazard lights flashing a bit further on. The impact had obviously wrecked the towbar connection.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I see the worst drivers when I am driving the fire truck. It’s like people loose their mind when they see red flashers. They don’t realize that while they are staring at the truck they are also steering at it. I have been run off the road more than once by oncoming traffic. Since I am carrying 8,000 pounds of water plus equipment, a soft shoulder can easily flip the truck on its side.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
What annoys me is when you here the siren of a fire truck or police car but can see nothing, the driver of the car in front of you immediately slams on the brakes despite the fact you can only hear the siren, but it could be hundreds of yards away..

P

Peace perfect peace

some times things like this topic really tug on the heart strings,

My father in law a few years ago said he was thinking of changing his car,"He'd always had Fords because a friend of his had a car repair set up and said "Ford was the best for getting spare parts for,

My wife had bought a nizzan X trail and her dad loved the extra height, I talked him into buying the same model,
And as he'd never had a new car it took some talking him round to getting a new car,

He took delivery and like most of us men "put the users hand book" in the dash and went off to Tesco,
He's never had a car with all kinds of alarms etc and was'nt use to using the FOB key system,
He came back from the shop loaded his shopping into the boot and got in the car and then he'd pressed the key fob as he put the key into the ignition, and the alarm started and the 4 way flashing light,
He in a panic drove the 2 miles to his home, on the way a bus flashed him to let him know his 4 ways we're flashing,
verious people in the bus stop shelter looked at him as he drove passed with alarms sounding,
He arrived outside his cottage and was glad to be home, he could'nt work out how to stop all these modern gagetts working,
As he opened the car doors three little kids stood looking at him,

One asked "Are you selling ice cream mister?"

We've just today recieved the sad news Dad died early today age 94,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
some times things like this topic really tug on the heart strings,

My father in law a few years ago said he was thinking of changing his car,"He'd always had Fords because a friend of his had a car repair set up and said "Ford was the best for getting spare parts for,

My wife had bought a nizzan X trail and her dad loved the extra height, I talked him into buying the same model,
And as he'd never had a new car it took some talking him round to getting a new car,

He took delivery and like most of us men "put the users hand book" in the dash and went off to Tesco,
He's never had a car with all kinds of alarms etc and was'nt use to using the FOB key system,
He came back from the shop loaded his shopping into the boot and got in the car and then he'd pressed the key fob as he put the key into the ignition, and the alarm started and the 4 way flashing light,
He in a panic drove the 2 miles to his home, on the way a bus flashed him to let him know his 4 ways we're flashing,
verious people in the bus stop shelter looked at him as he drove passed with alarms sounding,
He arrived outside his cottage and was glad to be home, he could'nt work out how to stop all these modern gagetts working,
As he opened the car doors three little kids stood looking at him,

One asked "Are you selling ice cream mister?"

We've just today recieved the sad news Dad died early today age 94,

Sad news.

But a lot of people never read the handbook for...anything. "I think they get put off by the first 100 pages which all deal with health and safety."
One thing that catches some out with cars is that you should run the aircon for half an hour every week, regardless of the weather to stop the hoses from drying out and losing the gas.

With my car, if the battery dies in the key fob, you can't use the button on it to open the door. You can get in the car using the key, but the alarm will still be on and you'll have to drive it with it sounding all the way home until you can turn it off with the spare key.

The other thing is if you disconnect the battery, you'll need the code to get the radio to work again. So you must save the little card that has it on which comes with the handbook.

Ask a Question