Drink driving.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bron and I never drink anything alcohol related but a friend kindly sent me the reminder shown below with Christmas coming up and lots of drink around for those who do drink.

Kind regards, Colin.

Be careful about drink driving as we are getting close to Christmas and the Police are out there in their numbers checking on people.

Last night I was out for a few drinks. One thing led to another and I had a few too many beers and then went onto spirits. Not a good idea.

Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my car where it was and took a bus home. Sure enough, I passed a Police control where they

were pulling over drivers and performing breathalyser tests. Because I was in a bus they just waved it past. I arrived home safely and without

incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a bus before and I am not even sure where I got it from

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
One night the police were in an unmarked car in the car park of a pub where they had been informed there was "lock in."

At 1.00 am people started to leave. The first man out went to his car and had obvious difficulty opening the door. When he finally got in, he turned on the windsreen wipers. He then backed the car up a few yards then stalled it. The police watched him carefully. Other patrons started leaving in their cars, Finally he managed to get the car started again and slowly drove to the car park exit. As soon as he got into the road,, the police went after him, stopped hm and breathalized him.
The result was negative. in response to the puzzled look on the faces of the police, the man said "I was tonight's designated decoy."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That's great Sean

A few years back the Bensalem police would go to the local bar, put a chalk line on the car tires that were in the lot then hours later if they saw a car with a chalk mark on the tire, they were pulled over, this was years ago and ther was a big stink about it and they stopped doing it.

I have to admit the letter your friend sent you sort of bothered me, especially the first line about being careful because you may get pulled over.
The reminder should be "Don't Drink and Drive" why, because it Kills, not because you may get caught!

Nothing personal Colin but it just rubbed me the wrong way but I am glad your friend done the responsible thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
One night the police were in an unmarked car in the car park of a pub where they had been informed there was "lock in."

At 1.00 am people started to leave. The first man out went to his car and had obvious difficulty opening the door. When he finally got in, he turned on the windsreen wipers. He then backed the car up a few yards then stalled it. The police watched him carefully. Other patrons started leaving in their cars, Finally he managed to get the car started again and slowly drove to the car park exit. As soon as he got into the road,, the police went after him, stopped hm and breathalized him.
The result was negative. in response to the puzzled look on the faces of the police, the man said "I was tonight's designated decoy."
That made me laugh! I guess where there is a will there is a way!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

No offence taken SQWIB. (y)

I'm against anything at all which interferes with control of a car; drink; drugs; mobile phones; smoking and eating sandwiches etc; I'm also dead against idiot car drivers who think clearing a letterbox sized patch on an iced up windscreen is regarded as safe; one such driver in 1970 did just this and put me in hospital with a shattered knee cap and fractured ankle; he never even saw my Norton 750cc motorcycle until it was embedded into the front of his car; he even had a child in the passenger seat.

Before marrying Bron I worked as a bus conductor in Wakefield and hated the last bus it being full of drunks.

Bron and I are teetollers; we don't smoke or do drugs either; I'd welcome police pulling us over because we've nothing to hide; our car is under three years old; main dealer serviced; still under warranty and fully street legal.

I can see the funny side Sean. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

:eek::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question